Mad Decent US
- The Mad Decent imprint will always be synonymous with founder Diplo. Having been responsible for unleashing the baile funkisms of Bonde de Role upon us in 2006, acclaimed genre bender Diplo has used the as a conduit for his passion of music. The Mad Decent Empire has grown exponentially since that first release, with Santigold fronted mixtapes, essential club tracks from the likes of L-Vis 1990, Boy 8 Bit and Blaqstarr and artist albums from Rusko. Affiliated charity schemes such as Heaps Decent and close ties with Diplo's hometown of Philadelphia give the label a real family feel.
Made To Play Germany
- Since its inception in 2005, Made To Play has become one of the premiere imprints for the new sound emanating from Berlin. Europe's kindred spirit to San Fran's Dirtybird, Made To Play is overseen by Front Room boss Jesse Rose and deals in music that transcends the space between bass led house and techno. Over the years Made To Play has delivered some classic heat from the likes of Riva Starr, Zombie Disco Squad, Roundtable Knights and Oliver $. Regular play from premier league DJs such as Luciano, A Trak, DJ T and Claude Von Stroke makes Made To Play an imprint you always keep an eye out for.
- Manmade is one of those imprints that deal in cut n paste party rockers which continually prove to be popular at Juno HQ. Acts such as Basement Freaks, CMC & Silenta and Cut La Roc use classic vocals from hip-hop acts such as Q Tip, Beastie Boys and Public Enemy and rework them over uptempo breaks arrangements. These are contrasted with reflipped versions of classic block party funk, rock and soul. What the Manmade catalogue lacks in originality it more than makes up in dynamism and dancefloor energy.
- Due to the success of its proprietor, Mau5trap Recordings will always rest in his shadows. Run by the cartoon mouse head, wobble step DJ bothering, stadium filling Canadian known to familials as Joel Zimmerman, Mau5trap Recordings blueprint for success is simple: they make records; DJs play their records for people to listen to. Sometimes people dance to them, or play them in their cars, or on their high fidelity audio systems. That's all there is to it really! Alongside Zimmerman, the label is also home to Moguai and big beat revivalist Skrillex.
Milk & Sugar Germany
- Originating in the mid 1990s disco house scene, Milk & Sugar Recordings has proved to have far greater longevity than many of their contemporaries. Much of that can be attributed to the attitude of label bosses Michael Kronenberger and Steffen Harning, perhaps better known as production duo Milk & Sugar. While house fashions have changed, they've steadfastly stuck to their guns, promoting a feel-good brand of deep, funky and soulful house that's a cut above the competition. Now, the label's releases hop between fun main room grooves and European electro house, catering for a new generation of DJs.
Ministry Of Sound
- Two years after Ministry of Sound opened their South London doors an empire was spawned with the launch of Ministry of Sound: Sessions, a mix CD by legendary New Jersey garage jock Tony Humphries. Since that CD release in 1993, the Ministry of Sound brand has become one of the most instantly recognisable in club land. Currently in possession of a whole army of sub labels and off shoots, MOS has in its armoury a variety of popular commercial mix CDs such as The Annual, Trance Nation and the Euphoria series with the backing of name DJs such as Judge Jules, Pete Tong and DJ Hype.
- Launched in 2005, Mobilee has swiftly established itself as one of Berlin's most impressive house and techno imprints. Founded by Anja Schneider and Ralf Kollman, Mobilee is home to revered producers like Sebo K, Pan-Pot, Miss Jools, GummiHz, Dan Curtin, Marcin Czubala, Martin Landsky and Hector and live acts Exercise One, And.id and Russ Gabriel. Its releases reference vintage dancefloor aesthetics but also hint at new directions in the art of a grinding techno beat. More than a traditional record label, Mobilee has expanded into the realms of booking and publishing whilst retaining a central focus of utilizing new modes of promoting its artist roster.