A group of producers selected by former Blur frontman Damon Albarn will release an album made in collaboration with more than 50 Congolese musicians, with proceeds going to Oxfam.
A number of established producers – known collectively as DRC – were involved with the project, with Actress, XL boss Richard Russell, T-E-E-D (Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs), Dan The Automator, Jneiro Jarel, Marc Antoine, Alwest, Remi Kabaka, Rodaidh McDonald and Kwes all taking part. Aitor Throup and Hardy Blechman meanwhile took care of the artwork (pictured above).
The album, entitled Kinshasa One Two, was recorded in Kinshasa, Congo, over a five day period in July this year and will see release via venerable UK label Warp. The DRC ensemble worked with more then 50 local musicians, including Jupiter and the Okwess International, Bokatola System and Nelly Liyemge.
Kinshasa One Two will be released digitally on October 3 via Warp Records, with a CD/vinyl release to follow on November 7. The deluxe vinyl edition will include a double pressing in gatefold sleeve, with 14x300x300mm art cards including unique download codes for bonus material. Proceeds will go to Oxfam.
1. Hallo (featuring Tout Puissant Mukalo and Nelly Liyemge)
2. K-Town (featuring N’Gotshima and Bebson)
3. African Space Anthem (A.S.A) (featuring Ewing Sima of Tout Puissant Mukalo)
4. Love (featuring Love)
5. Lingala (featuring Bokatola System and Evala Litongo)
6. Lourds (featuring Yende Bongongo of Okwess International)
7. Respect Of The Rules (featuring Loi X Liberal)
8. We Come From The Forest (featuring Bokatola System)
9. Customs (featuring Bokatola System)
10. Virginia (featuring Magakala Virginia Yollande and Yowa Hollande)
11. Ah Congo (featuring Jupiter Bokondji and Bokatola System)
12. Three Piece Sweet part 1 &2 (featuring Bebson)
13. If You Wish to Stay Awake (featuring Washiba)
14. Departure (featuring Bokatola System)