Avid have announced Pro Tools 10 which is described as “the next generation of the best sounding, most powerful audio production software for recording, composing, editing, and mixing music and sound for picture”.
Taken from their press release, these are the highlights:
- Speed up editing and mixing with Clip Gain, and easily adjust and match gain levels, pre-mixer
- Use multiple audio formats in a session including interleave without file duplication
- Record and master higher resolution sound with more headroom in 32-bit floating-point format
- Get great responsiveness on slower hard drives with the enhanced disk handler
- Record in low-latency mode, with direct monitoring when using third-party audio interfaces
- Get the sound of System 5 console EQ and dynamics with the Avid Channel Strip plug-in
- Get access to over 500 additional Pro Tools commands when using EUCON controllers
- Work more easily with AudioSuite-rendered clips with reverse processing, handles, and more
- Create extra long-format projects for sequential versioning with the extended 24-hour timeline
- Open fade-heavy sessions faster and get better responsiveness with real-time fades
- Export mixes directly to SoundCloud to share and promote your music to the world
Pro Tools 9 users can upgrade for £199 with the boxed version retailing at £499.
Check out the video below for more information.