L.I.E.S. bad boy Delroy Edwards has turned in the third Crème Organization podcast, with an hour-long selection veering excitedly from promiscuous Dance Mania anthems to rugged deep house classics.
Edwards’ recent debut for Ron Morelli’s imprint, 4 Club Use Only, has arguably been the most popular L.I.E.S. release to date; no mean feat for a label with a discography brimming with obscure underground talent. Last week we showcased another Edwards track – “Feelings” – which is set to appear on a forthcoming L.I.E.S compilation entitled American Noise.
DJ Sneak, Cajmere, Paul Johnson, Steve Poindexter and Robert Armani represent the Chicago end of the spectrum on the mix, while there is a sprinkling of new material (including an incendiary L.I.E.S. black label) and a timely reminder of the undiminished visceral power of Daft Punk’s 1997 Homework jam “Rock N Roll”. The mix finishes with Juno Plus favourite “The Word Of God” by B. McCoy, a reminder that, whoever this guy is, he clearly has a formidable record collection.
1. Ben Mays – X Rated
2. L.I.E.S. BLK-002
3. Eric Martin – Acid Em
4. DJ Slugo – Pajamas
5. Daft Punk – Rock N Roll
6. Traxmen – Let Me See You Butterfly
7. DJ Sneak – Jugglin Thoughts
8. DJ Sneak / Armand Van Helden- Relief Beat-Track
9. Cajmere – Janus
10. Men From The Nile Featuring Peven Everett – Sub-Urban Instrumental
11. Jovonn – N.Y. / N.J.
12. Mateo & Matos – Maw Basics
13. Jovonn – Keep On Dancin’
14. Nathaniel X Project – Get Up
15. Paul Johnson – Something Strange
16. Cajmere Feat. Djae – Brighter Days Underground Goodie Mix
17. Traxmen & Eric Martin – Move Your Body
18 Robert Armani – Warning
19. Steve Poindexter – State Of Shock
20. Maurice Joshua – I Got A Big Dick
21. DJ Deep – Illusions
22. B. Mccoy – The World Of God